Full Time; 12 months Fixed Term (possibility of extension); Secondments Welcome
A professional qualification, Level 4 or above, related to: social care, community work or education is essential.
Pembury House Nursery School and Children’s Centre is a happy, well-established Ofsted rated ‘outstanding’ early years setting in the London Borough of Haringey. We provide joyful, inspiring and creative early years education in our state maintained Nursery School, plus offer a range of services to support families with young children in our on-site Children’s Centre.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the important role of early intervention, family support and safeguarding, and will manage Children’s Centre services that include:
- Developing partnership work with families, the community and other agencies
- Collecting and analysing data to monitor, evaluate and plan services that meet local needs and improve outcomes for children and families
- Proactively dealing with safeguarding issues that arise through delivery of children’s centre services
You will have:
- Experience of supervising staff and managing services; working with children and families; early intervention and safeguarding
- A cheerful, warm and positive outlook with the determination, energy and passion to provide high quality Children’s Centre services
- The resilience and the organisational skills to effectively lead a successful team
We can offer you:
- A leadership role in an innovative, forward thinking Children’s Centre
- A highly skilled, committed and supportive staff team
- CPD opportunities for yourself, as well as opportunities to develop others’ practice
We are based in the heart of Tottenham, a richly diverse area in an exciting period of development, with great transport links.
COVID – 19 Restrictions:
- Sadly we are unable to invite you for a tour at the moment
- Photos and virtual tours are on our website
- Conversations (via phone or Zoom) with the Head Teacher are warmly welcomed and expected.
Please phone for an appointment: 020 8801 9914
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website. Please visit www.pemburyhouse.haringey.sch.uk and click on current vacancies. For any enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 2021 at 9am
Interviews to be held via Zoom: Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th April 2021
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to interview outstanding candidates earlier and to bring the closing date forward.
Pembury House Nursery School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and families, and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Pembury House Nursery School and Children’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Pembury House Nursery School
- Mainstream school with state - lea nursery funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 5 years