Status: Temporary - 2 terms only (with the possibility of becoming a permanent post)
Weeks per year: 52
Sherwood Park is a ‘Good School’ in all aspects, Ofsted September 2016. We are a popular and successful two form entry primary school in Bexley, with a strong commitment to inclusive practice. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and a highly experienced and inspirational teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best all round education for our children.
Our friendly and hardworking EYFS team are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for learning, to job share in one of our two Reception class during the spring and summer terms. We are looking for a great team player with experience of teaching in the EYFS or KS1, preferably someone who can work Wednesday to Friday. The post is offered on a temporary contract and is therefore not suitable for an NQT. We are seeking to appoint:
A teacher who is:
- Passionate about children’s learning and development and is able to demonstrate a record of successful teaching
- An excellent and engaging classroom practitioner with the ability to motivate and inspire children and a desire to raise standards
- An inspirational teacher and team player who can challenge, encourage and support colleagues
- A highly effective communicator with all members of the school community
- Ambitious and eager to develop your own professional career development and that of others
- A resilient and determined professional who ensures the care, well-being and happiness of all learners
We will offer you:
- Strong leadership with a clear strategic direction
- The opportunity to play a pivotal role in the continuing and rapid development of our thriving school
- Engaging, inquisitive, well-behaved children and supportive parents
- A highly professional, dedicated and friendly staff team
- A diverse and vibrant community
- A strong, well led and fully supportive governing body
Application packs are available on our website: www.sherwoodparkprimary.co.uk and from the school office.
If you are interested in joining the team here at Sherwood Park, we would love to welcome you to our school so that you can experience first-hand what it is like to be part of our special community. For further details regarding this vacancy or to arrange a visit, please phone or email Jill Hawley in our school office, telephone 0208 303 6300 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday on Friday 4th December 2017
Interview dates: Week beginning 7th December 2017
This post is considered to be a customer facing position; as such it falls within the scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out below. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
- Ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary
- Ability to choose the right kind of vocabulary for the situation in hand without a great deal of hesitation
- Ability to listen to customers (staff and children) and understand their needs
- Ability to tailor your approach to each conversation to be appropriate to the customer (staff and children), responding clearly with fine shades of meaning, even in complex situations
Sherwood Park is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks. Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Sherwood Park Primary School
Sherwood Park Avenue