- Good and Outstanding Teachers required for April 2019
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the shcool since the last inspection... a supportive learning community. Positive and caring relationships between staff and pupils are evident throughtout the school. Pupils are happy and eager to get to their clasrooms at the start of the day ... there is a strong culture of safegusrding within the school...pupils say they feel safe in school'. OFSTED 2018
Ickburgh School is an all age special school for pupils aged 3-19 with severe and profound disabilities, and a small but growing cohort of pupils in teh early years with autism.
We are looking for good to outstanding teachers to continue our journey towards outstanding achievement, and contribute to teh school vision and ethos.
The school is expanding in pupil numbers and we wish to appoint three primary school teachers and one secondary teacher.
We welcome NQT's and teachers with experience, who have taught young people with special needs, in mainstream or special needs provision.
Additional Responsibilities (optional)
We are looking to develop our middle management team and would also welcome candidates with a SENCO, Maths, English, or IT speciality who would like to lead a whole school area.
The successful candidate must also:
- Be able to understand how our young people learn and plan lessons which will inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Be able to create a positive, stimualating and caring learning environment that safeguards young people.
- Be a good communicator and work effectively with memebers of our community, including families, health and social care practitioners, and the Learning Trust.
- Have good organisational, management and interpersonal skills, to effectively lead a small class team, and manage own workload.
- Be an innovative, patient, resilient, positive and reflective practitioner, contributing to the schools vision and values.
- Be willing to participate in training, be reflective and committed to continung professional development.
We offer excellent continuing professional development opportunities to enable all elarners to reach their personal best.
Closing date: Thursday 21st February 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Interview date: Tuesday 26th February 2019
Venue: Ickburgh School, Kenworthy Road, London, E9 5RB
Tel: 020 8806 4638
Return completed application form to PA@ickburgh.hackney.sch.uk
Ickburgh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners. Successful candidartes will have an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, only applications submitted on a Hackney Learning Trust application form will be considered.