Following the success of Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside where 1700 students study in one of Southeast Asia’s finest schools, Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong opened in 2018. A primary school, we provide almost 1,000 places for children aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Operating within a world-class and purpose built facility, students and teachers enjoy wide access to our swimming pools, sports hall, dance studio, gymnastics centre, auditorium and recital suite. These spaces, among others, have been designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The school enjoys an advantageous setting in Tseung Kwan O - easily accessible by road and MTR, it also benefits from the strongest of partnerships with Shrewsbury School in the UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk).
An excellent and internationally competitive package of benefits is offered under the terms of a two year contract.
Class teachers are responsible for the teaching of the Early Years Foundation Stage profile or the English National Curriculum. Linked learning, a creative themed approach and an added international dimension further enrich the experience of students, while a range of subject specialist taught lessons ensure that every child receives a real breadth of opportunity. A vibrant after school activity programme is contributed to by all class teachers.
Our students will bring a wide range of prior experience and will prove diligent, motivated and enthusiastic. We expect to develop close relationships with our parent body through excellent regular communication.
We are actively seeking candidates with leadership potential, experience catering for special educational needs or holding cross curricular strengths in music or sport.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with QTS
- Be a dedicated teacher capable of inspiring students
- Have taught in the UK and / or with the English National Curriculum, leading to a full working knowledge of The National Curriculum for England for Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Development Matters guidance for the EYFS
- Have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- Have the ability and aspiration to attain high standards
- Have excellent assessment for learning skills
- Have a flexible and creative approach to leading the school curriculum and structures
- Have knowledge of the value of the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, visible through their relations with children, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Have a track record of exceptional pastoral care and be able to prioritise the happiness and wellbeing of all students
- Have experience of working with English Language Learners
- Have the ability to develop, work within and apply all school policies
- Have a pioneering attitude and a good sense of humour
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
- Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school
- Report to the Designated Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student - this may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Whistleblowing Policy
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
- Seek advice from a Line Manager or the Designated Safeguarding Lead with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
- 3 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
How to Apply:
Applications will be only be accepted through the full completion of a Teacher Online Application Form at: http://www.shrewsbury.hk/Current-Vacancies
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://www.shrewsbury.hk.
Any queries should be forwarded to our HR Officer, Ms Momoko Law at: firstname.lastname@example.org