Love to Teach? Cuffley is the place for you - a hub for learning. A warm and welcoming school where staff, children and parents work together to become lifelong learners.
We are looking to recruit a class teacher to join our upper Key Stage 2 team. Experienced or strong Early Career Teachers/NQTs are all welcome to apply as we can offer personalised support and training for the next stage of your career.
As a staff, we are forward-thinking, enthusiastic and eager to continue our academic journey - with the children at the heart of every step we take. Cuffley has recently featured in Herts for Learning training and The Key for our forward-thinking and blended learning approach using Google Classroom. This desire to evolve was at the heart of our success during lockdown enabling children’s progress even out of school. No-one here is afraid to try new ideas; share their successes or failures. If you have a desire to share our journey, a desire to share your ideas and continue to learn along with us then please apply.
The successful candidate will need to embrace assessment for learning effectively, as we follow the ‘No More Marking’ approach. With this approach children are given personalised verbal feedback and work in focused conference activities, constantly raising standards through first class experiences.
Inside and out Cuffley has an environment that is the envy of many. Our grounds are beautiful, allowing us to follow a Forest School ethos. Everyone cares for each other; whatever your role your ideas and contribution are valued.
You will be well-supported and trained. We set ourselves high standards; are committed to working collaboratively and eager to develop professionally to support the school's child-centred ethos.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Share our vision and aspirations
- Are enthusiastic, positive, flexible and hard working
- A creative and inspiring teacher, who is friendly and caring
- Have a commitment to inclusive education
- Have a desire to manage behaviour positively and effectively
- Are confident in the use of technology and willing to learn new strategies and methods – an experimenter!
- Are a forward thinking teacher who wants to develop teaching initially with in their class but also across the school
- Are a reliable, well-organised team player with good interpersonal skills
- Are an excellent classroom practitioner preferably in Upper Key Stage 2
- Have passion and an ability to raise the attainment and progress of all children you teach
Are you determined to make a positive difference to all children and someone who has the resilience to sustain the high standards our children deserve?
If you are an outstanding, highly motivated and inspiring teacher with a natural love of learning this is the place for you.
Safeguarding We are a safeguarding school committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and staff and requires all staff share this commitment.
Want to find out more? Please visit our website: www.cuffleyschool.org and take the virtual tour. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Wendy Wing through email@example.com jor by calling us on 01707 888100 to arrange a tour.
Closing date: 19/05/2021 17:00:00
Interview date: 26th May 2021
Cuffley School is a Foundation,two-form primary and nursery school with approximately 450 pupils on roll. We have a warm and friendly ethos, where learning to learn is at the heart of what we do. Our children are eager to come to school and enjoy a wide range of opportunities. The extensive buildings include fifteen classrooms, well stocked school libraries and resource areas, two large halls, two dining areas, a nurture base (The Oasis) and two music pods. Excellent playing fields and playgrounds are adjacent to the school buildings.
Learning to Learn
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years