Cambian Northampton School
Location: Kingsthorpe, Northampton
Salary: £25,800 + Cambian Benefits
Contract type: Permanent, 40 hours a week
If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and creative Class Teacher to join our close-knit team at Northampton School.
About the School:
Northampton School has a proud and successful tradition of supporting students between the ages of 11-16 years with ongoing social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Under the supervision of our well-qualified and experienced staff work together to provide positive education to their students to gain valuable life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their onward journey towards independence.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students, so they can have a greater understanding of the broader community in which they live.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Class Teacher to join this thriving specialist School. Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for?
While ideally, we are looking for a qualified Class Teacher, we may consider applicants who are experienced Instructors who have the ambition and desire. While experience within a SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable, we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream or college setting.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
· Plan and teach well-structured lessons
· Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs to motivate them
· Manage student anxiety effectively to ensure an enjoyable and safe working environment
· Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements.
· Experience of teaching at KS3 and KS4 in a specialist or mainstream setting
· A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all students
· Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
· Qualified in subject specialism
· Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
· Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
· Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
· Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools