At Craigie Primary, we strive to create a welcoming, friendly school where staff, parents and learners work together. Due to a recent appointment, we have a vacancy for an excellent classroom practitioner to become a permanent member of our school team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative teacher who is committed to raising standards, promotes high quality learning and teaching and has a strong commitment to meeting the individual needs of our children.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
You must :-
- Have, or be eligible for, full GTC Scotland registration.
- Have a Diploma/Degree in Primary Education.
- Have experience of learning and teaching.
- Have experience of preparing and delivering differentiated work.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant current curriculum developments including a Curriculum for Excellence, Assessment is for Learning and their bearing on classroom practice 3-18.
- Be able to use ICT in relation to learning, teaching and classroom management.
- Be able to apply a variety of teaching strategies in order to meet the needs of all learners.
- Have knowledge and experience of the application of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Be able to treat pupils, colleagues, parents and the community in accordance with the Council’s policies on equalities and dignity at work.
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to the policy and practice of Inclusion.
You must :-
- Be able to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively with staff, parents, pupils and the wider community.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to track and analyse pupil attainment.
- Be able to plan for improvement of attainment.
You must :-
- Be able to contribute to school self evaluation, planning and development.
- Have evidence of a commitment to raising standards and promoting effective learning and teaching.
- Have a commitment to continuing professional development.You must be able to demonstrate effective participation in a team situation, whether as member or leader.
- You must be able to work both under own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
- Developing the school curriculum
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Closing date: 17/02/2019
Craigie Primary School, 15 Abbot Street, Perth