The Governors of Old Sarum Primary School are looking to appoint a permanent, full-time Class Teacher. The successful candidate will be experienced, motivated and demonstrate exemplary practice. They will be passionate and knowledgeable about teaching and learning. This post will be to work with our Year 4 class for this year, following the promotion of our previous class teacher.
This is an exciting period in the school’s development as we expand into a two form entry school, after substantial new building work on our site, due to new housing developments nearby. There will be considerable development and leadership opportunities for the successful candidate. You will become a very welcome new member of our happy and successful team. We believe that if children feel happy and safe, have fair and consistent discipline, and enjoy their learning, they will be successful. We place a strong commitment on developing the emotional literacy of every child. We aim to provide a stimulating learning environment, where children receive praise and clear guidance about what they have done well and what their next steps are. The successful candidate must be fully committed to supporting our ethos. We are looking for a Class Teacher who can engage pupils with a dynamic and exciting approach. You will have an excellent understanding of the primary curriculum and will be able to encourage pupils to achieve the best possible outcomes.
This post would ideally suit either:
• an experienced teacher with a proven track record of raising attainment or
• an NQT with the ability to develop into a successful teacher.
The successful candidate will -
• Be an inspirational teacher who promotes high expectations of every child’s academic and emotional development.
• Have a good understanding of the curriculum.
• Enjoy making learning fun to enable every child to be a successful life long learner.
• Share our vision to create an outstanding school.
We can offer you -
• A happy and highly motivated team that creates a family environment where all pupils feel safe and well cared for.
• In October 2017, Ofsted rate us ‘good’ in every respect.
• A school committed to the highest standards of safeguarding and welfare for all our pupils.
• An excellent opportunity, for anyone that can offer an area of curriculum leadership. We offer excellent professional development.
• A modern, spacious and wonderfully equipped working environment.
Interview date: Monday 26th February 2018
Commencement date: Monday 16th April 2018
For further details and an application form, please contact Mr John Jones, Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01722 410 677. Digital application forms are available by email request or via our website at www.oldsarum.wilts.sch.uk Old Sarum Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.