Cambian The Mews School
Salary: £24,00.00 pro RATA + Cambian benefits
Location: Wem Shropshire
Contract type: Permanent, Part Time, 24 hours a week, Term Time only.
If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and creative Class Teacher to join our close-knit team at The Mews School.
About the School:
The Mews School supports young people aged 11-18 who have suffered sexual trauma enabling them to realise their potential and through personalised support, achieve their goals. Our vision is that students will not only be supported academically but be supported to develop self-esteem, confidence, respect and consideration for others, to enable them to become effective and contributing citizens within the community.
Well qualified and experienced staff work together to make The Mews school a successful and happy community. We offer a rich, varied and stimulating curriculum, which includes academic, vocational and personal and social studies. Timetables are tailored to the individual to ensure they have the opportunity to make progress and receive the required level of support needed to assist them in fulfilling their potential. We strive to continually improve the provision and embrace opportunities to expand and extend learning experiences.
The school supports a full range of national curriculum topics for its learners, underpinned by a whole school approach to the emotional wellbeing of each student. Students at both key stage 3 and 4 have access to a creative curriculum which is suitable for their abilities and potential.
We expect our students to be able to achieve beyond their expectations and gain excellent results in their GCSE qualifications, as well as Functional Skill, Entry Level certificates, PSD Awards and Certificates and other vocational qualifications.
The Mews School offers a nurturing and caring environment that allows all students to thrive and achieve their full potential. Great importance is placed on recognising, celebrating and rewarding individual and group achievements
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring subject Teacher to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for?
While ideally, we are looking for a qualified Teacher, we will consider applicants who are experienced Instructors who have the ambition and desire. While experience within a specialist provision would be desirable, we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream or college setting.
Subject specialism is essential for this post as is the knowledge of current best practice in your chosen subject.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs to motivate them
• Manage student anxiety effectively to ensure an enjoyable and safe working environment
• Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements.
• Experience of teaching at KS3 or KS4 in a specialist or mainstream setting
• Experience of teaching vocationally driven subjects.
• A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all students
• Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
• Qualified in subject specialism
• DBS cleared and satisfactory references
• Ability to work on own initiative
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
• Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
• Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
• Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools