Penwortham Primary School is committed to delivering a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning. As part of a highly motivated team, the successful candidate will help to develop an exciting curriculum to engage pupils in learning and will work with other members of the school to raise attainment.
- Post 1 will take classroom responsibility for a KS1/2 class.
- Post 2 is on a job share basis with one of our SLT members in Year 6 for 2.5 days per week. In addition, you will deliver quality teaching largely within KS2 for the remainder of the week.
Our children and school community are looking for a teacher who is:
- An outstanding, child centred and innovative practitioner with high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Passionate about teaching and raising standards for all children
- Committed to working in close partnership with all stakeholders
- Able to contribute to and support the values and ambitions of the school
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the well-being and safety of children.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and caring school with happy, motivated and well behaved children
- Attractive, well-resourced buildings and grounds
- The support of hardworking and dedicated staff team
- A supportive SLT and governing body who cares about your well-being
- Supportive and proactive parent community
- Strong commitment to your professional development, which includes strong links with other schools.
If you’d like to work in a dynamic and caring school where your well-being and continuing professional development is of great importance, then Penwortham is the school for you.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Should you have any queries or if you would like to visit us, kindly contact Diane Watkins on 020 8769 3949 as we would welcome the opportunity to show you around our school.
Completed application should be return to the school either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Senior Admin Officer, Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy should a suitable applicant be found.
Closing Date: 23 April 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 26 April 2019
CV’s will not be accepted
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.