The Mead School is a co-educational prep school for circa 235 pupils, situated in the heart of Tunbridge Wells, approximately 400 metres from the historic Pantiles.
We are seeking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Classroom Assistant to offer support to our children across the school. The successful candidate will need to have classroom experience. The candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and as part of the wider team, in helping to support our pupils with their core lessons and the class as and when necessary.
Benefits include small class sizes and a progressive working environment where staff are given substantial autonomy to develop a creative curriculum.
The main responsibilities and duties are outlined below; the list is not exhaustive.
- To support and enable the Teacher to implement the Curriculum.
- To implement specific programmes for individual children, under the direction of the Class Teacher.
- To lead small group work, under direction of Class Teacher.
- To provide pastoral support for the pupils in their care.
- To be a positive role model for the pupils.
- To uphold the ethos of The Mead School.
- To be flexible and forward thinking with the changing demands of each school day.
- To take initiative, be patient and resilient when undertaking duties of assisting other members of The Mead School staff or pupil body.
- To adopt a strong, professional, adaptable and flexible style so as to influence and motivate pupils.
- Assist with the teachers’ administrative duties. For example, collating the classroom displays, laminating etc.
- Assisting on school trips and outings.
- Attend whole school, year group, departmental, curriculum and Key Stage meetings when deemed appropriate by the Deputy Head Academic or Pastoral.
- Assist with afterschool, club and break duties as determined by the Deputy Head.
The posts holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare or children in the school s/he must report any concerns to the Head.
An attractive salary and benefits package will be provided.
Applicants should complete the school’s application form and submit by email to Michelle Coveney, Business Manager email@example.com or via the TES website. The application form may be accompanied by a covering letter of no more than one page.
The closing date for applications is on a rolling basis and interviews will be held as and when the right candidate comes along.
This role will preferably commence September 2021 or as soon as possible.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact Miss Elizabeth Winter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01892 525 837.
The Mead School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, reference and medical checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Mead School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years