Arden Care & College, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 0TZ
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Arden College is situated in the heart of Southport, a vibrant and cultured town on the west coast of Lancashire. The college makes the most of its position and much of the extended college curriculum is located within the community and vocational settings within the region.
The college is a co-educational residential and day specialist college for students aged 16-25 years with learning difficulties and disabilities or behavioural and social difficulties. Individual College programmes of day or residential support are available as either 38 of 52 week placements for up to a three year period and are subject to regular reviews to ensure the students’ needs are being met. The focus is to ensure that learners are prepared for independent adult life as much as possible.
Arden College provides an inclusive communication environment that supports students with their individualised communication systems. This includes spoken words, signing and both high tech and low tech AAC systems.
Arden college is inspected by OFSTED and is graded as Good (2019)
All of Arden College’s residential units are inspected by CQC and are all rated as compliant.
Arden College is currently recruiting for a Classroom Assistant to join the team.
As a Classroom Assistant your duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher and assist the students in their education and in the acquisition of personal, social and behavioural development.
- Support in a variety of lessons and locations, to include sessions that takes place within the college setting and in the community.
- Facilitating opportunities for students to communicate and understand their feelings and wishes appropriately.
- Some student’s exhibit challenging behaviour and you will help to support them to learn self-control and more socially acceptable ways of communicating or coping with situations, and by managing their behaviour as necessary.
- You will be expected to monitor and record the students’ progress and keep individual records up-to-date.
- Mon 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tues 9:00am - 4.30pm
- Wed/Thurs/Friday 9:00am - 15.30pm
What we offer:
- Full training
- On-going training and Career progression
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- SMART Pension option
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.