Location: Lake Cargelligo, NSW
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Start Date: 19 April – 17 December 2021
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 9 April 2021
St Francis Xavier School, Lake Cargelligo is a school that prides itself on being like a family; we all work closely together to achieve the best results for each student so they can be the best young people they can possibly be. Being a small school allows St Francis Xavier School to have a strong sense of community.
About the Role
The Classroom Support Assistant contributes to the overall mission of St Francis Xavier School by providing support to the Principal and teaching staff through providing effective and efficient classroom support. Additionally, the successful person will have the ability to ensure that their focus on student learning is continuous, compliant with current curriculum requirements and relative to the needs of students.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Excellent management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of social and emotional needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skill demonstrating a courteous and cooperative approach.
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to implement student support programs as required.
- A willingness to respond creatively to the learning needs of students and support classroom teachers in meet the needs of their students.
- A willingness to contribute towards the wider school community, in order to build and strengthen school’s relationship with parents, parish and community.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jacinta Elwin on 02 6898 1611 or via email Jacinta.Elwin@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn