Location: Goulburn, NSW
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Start Date: 26 April - 17 December 2021
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Monday 19 April 2021
Saints Peter and Paul Primary is a vibrant Catholic coeducational school. It is a place that is constantly adapting to the changing needs of young people and their world. All students are encouraged to discover who they are and develop the self-confidence to take on new challenges in a caring and nurturing Catholic environment.
About the Role
The position will be required to provide in class support thus enabling teachers to provide support for identified special needs students as they work to achieve the academic goals and social skills required for independent learning and confident participation at St Gregory’s and in the wider community.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Excellent management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of social and emotional needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skill demonstrating a courteous and cooperative approach.
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to implement student support programs as required.
- A willingness to respond creatively to the learning needs of students and support classroom teachers in meet the needs of their students.
- A willingness to contribute towards the wider school community, in order to build and strengthen school’s relationship with parents, and community.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Kathy Neely on 02 4821 3304 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn