Classification: Term Time, 1 Year Contract
Salary Range: $26.17 - $27.14 per hour pending experience
Hours: 19 hours a week across 5 days
Commencing: 18th January 2021
Closing Date: Friday, 22nd January 2021
St Clare’s Catholic School, Burdell offers Kindergarten through to Year 6 in a welcoming and inclusive community environment. St Clare's Catholic School belongs to the St Anthony's Parish. Along with St Francis, St Clare is one of the founders of the Franciscan movement that has been part of the Catholic Church's life since the early 13th century. St Clare's Catholic School follows the Franciscan spirituality that stresses simplicity, humility, dependence on God, a love for the poor, and finding God in others and the natural world.
The school’s motto is, ‘Be a Clear Light’ and together staff, families, students and the parish community work tirelessly to make the school a unique and dynamic place that welcomes everyone and helps each individual realise their fullest potential. The school community is supportive and encouraging, creating an environment with a strong sense of belonging for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Clare's Catholic School is seeking a hardworking and dedicated Cleaner. This role is a Part Time, position working 19 hours a week across 5 days (Monday - Thursday 4 hours per day, 3 hours on Friday). This role will commence on Monday, 18th January for the duration of the 2021 teaching year.
About the role
The Cleaner contributes to the effective and efficient operation of the school by providing a high level of cleanliness to the facilities. The Cleaner will work within a team to provide a clean, safe and pleasant environment for students and employees and create a physical environment that is conducive to learning and safe student movement.
Typical duties performed may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a clean and safe learning and working environment for students, staff and visitors to the school in line with cleaning schedules and processes
- Operating and maintaining cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaners, polishers and blowers ensuring a commitment to safe operating procedures
- Sweeping, mopping and buffing tiled floors
- Vacuuming carpets, mats and other floor surfaces
- Dusting desks, tables, shelves and ledges
- Collecting litter, emptying and washing rubbish bins
- Removing graffiti from desks, chairs and walls
- Cleaning windows, fans, fridges, stoves, toilets, sinks and basins
- Sweeping, blowing and hosing/pressure cleaning paved areas
- Locking up rooms including windows, doors and turning off lights.
Cleaner using specialised equipment:
- Ordering supplies and receiving deliveries and/or being given the responsibility for the distribution and maintenance of toilet and other requisites and cleaning materials in buildings/ establishments
- Carpet cleaning - operating equipment used in any or all of the following methods - powder systems or liquid shampoo systems or hot water injection and extraction systems (commonly called "steam cleaning")
- Cleaning windows on the exterior of multi-storied buildings from swinging scaffolds, hydraulic bucket trucks or similar devices
- Operating "Ride-On" powered sweeping machines ensuring a commitment to safe operating procedures.
- Operating steam cleaning and pressure washing equipment on the exterior of buildings
- Any other task as reasonably directed
- Adhering to cleaning protocols and schedules with a commitment to safe cleaning processes including correct use of cleaning products and chemicals
- Liaising with the Principal to report any security, safety, damage concerns to eliminate or minimise hazards.
- Recent experience in a cleaning/services/operational role or similar
- Understanding and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety legislation and professional regulations to reduce the risk of harm to self and others relative to the role of a cleaner
- Ability to follow safety precautions that may involve the use of protective equipment where work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials, machinery, use of tools and other equipment.
- Maneuvering within the office/school environment appropriate to the position – demonstrating agility and adherence to manual handling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively to meet the necessary standards with respect to clarity, accuracy and professionalism appropriate to the position
- Ability to prioritise workloads and manage multiple tasks with competing timelines
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Ability to accept responsibility for own work.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - the successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
* The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
For more information, please view the Position Description.
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability for the position
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
The closing date for applications for this role is 4pm Friday, 22nd January 2021.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education