The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a cleaner to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in line with current COVID 19 guidelines at SS John Fisher & Thomas More Catholic Primary School. You will also be required for 2.5 hours per day between the hours of 3.30pm and 6pm. The post is fixed term to 31/8/21.
There may be other occasions when you will be required, for which you will receive payment.
The main duties of the role are:
• Undertake duties connected with the cleanliness of the environment and school premises to maintain high standards in the internal and external appearance of school buildings.
• To provide a flexible, seamless, customer focused cleaning service within schools.
The successful candidate will:
• Establish a good rapport with all staff and students
• As well as being professional, be friendly, patient and understanding towards the students
• Be flexible, motivated and able to follow instructions and remain calm in difficult circumstances
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
• Close links with three other schools within the multi-academy trust
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
• Relevant paid training as and when required
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Collette Austin on 0161 998 3422 or e-mail: email@example.com to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Support Staff Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
St John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years