An opportunity has arisen for a Cleaner to join the Facilities team on a Permanent / Part Time 15 hours per week-Term Time + 4 Weeks
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of a strong, effective school with an emphasis on promoting a culture of educational excellence, within a caring and secure Islamic environment enriched with the values of discipline, mutual care and respect which extends beyond the school into the wider community.
Under the direction of Estates and Facilities Manager, provide and maintain a high standard of cleaning in the school, in accordance with the standards of cleanliness required in the Islamic faith.
The ideal candidate will:
• Ensure that all areas of the school are prepared for relevant use as directed.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety and security, lone working, confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in a safe manner, and any faults/incidents are reported to the appropriate member of staff.
• Operate cleaning equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
• Use cleaning materials appropriately and efficiently.
• Ensure orderly and secure storage of cleaning equipment at all times.
• Inform the appropriate person, information relating to the provision of stock/equipment.
• Work within school policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning.
• Support the promotion of positive relationships for parents and outside agencies.
• Attend skills training and participate in personal/performance development as required.
• Take care of own and other people’s health and safety.
• Be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
• Contribute to the wider life of the Trust, its schools and its community through out of hours and partnership work.
• Carry out any such duties as may be reasonably required by the Principal or Chief Executive.
If you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact Ms Rifat Ali on 01772 926012
Closing date: Friday 25th January 2019 12:00pm
Interviews: W/C Monday 28th January 2019
The School is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Eden Boys’ School Preston is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including; references, Enhanced DBS disclosure, health clearance and proof of eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.