Do you have professional cleaning experience either with an office or school environment? We are currently looking to appoint a cleaner to join our dedicated maintenance and premises team.
In September 2017, we joined the Harris Federation, which runs over 40 successful primary and secondary schools in and around London. Every Harris academy inspected by Ofsted is rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’, with the majority rated ‘outstanding’.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Job Purpose: To carry out cleaning in allocated area.
Reporting to: Premises Manager / Premises Officers
Liaising with: Premises Staff, Director of Resources, Reception staff and other relevant Academy staff.
- Cleaning of parts of the academy as allocated, including classrooms, offices, corridors, stairs and toilets
- Vacuuming, wiping, dusting and mopping
- Cleaning toilets, basins, tiling, glass areas
- Emptying bins in allocated area
- Disposing of waste as instructed
- Machine cleaning as appropriate
- Safe storage and use of materials
- To comply with Health & Safety regulations and guidelines, and undergo training as required
- To report issues and Health & Safety issues to manager
- To check closed windows doors and turn off lights
- To adhere to the academy’s corporate standards, policies, systems and procedures in relation to Safeguarding and Child Protection, and health and safety
- To set a personal example that contributes to the positive ethos of the academy
- To be committed to the life of the academy and to support its distinctive mission and ethos
- To behave at all times in accordance with the academy’s values
- To agree annual performance targets with the Line Manager
- To promote the academy favourably in the community
Qualifications & Experience
- Commitment to providing a high level of service
- Good communication skills and ability to follow instructions
- Good time management
- Reliable and punctual
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision
- Flexible approach to work allocated
- Ability to work as team player
- Physically ability to undertake necessary tasks
- Ideally, experience of working in a school.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Academy St. John's Wood