We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Team Leader to join our Trust central facilities team. Our Trust comprises three schools with directly employed cleaning teams at all schools. Our cleaning team is a valued and essential part of our central facilities team ensuring our schools are clean, safe and hygienic for our children, young people and staff.
We are looking for someone to bring consistency to the support of every member of our cleaning staff, who are often lone workers, and ensure they are kept informed of school requirements, special events and statutory requirements in terms of health, safety and hygiene.
As a Cleaning Team Leader you will be responsible for:
• The supervision and support of all cleaning staff focussing on both performance and wellbeing whilst they are on duty
• Ensuring that a first class cleaning service is delivered to all schools in our Trust
• Reviewing work schedules, organising rotas and adapting them to school needs and events
• Updating procedures and manuals
• Ordering of cleaning materials and maintaining stock levels
• Monitoring of all cleaning activities
• Dealing with staffing problems, training, induction and appraisal
The successful candidate for this role will have:
• Previous experience of managing a team and strong people management skills
• Excellent communicator and with strong organisational skills
• Previous experience in a cleaning environment
• The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedures
• Health and safety and COSHH experience
• Good IT skills
• You will need your own transport as the team is located over three school sites
The school cleaning teams mainly work in the evenings so the hours of work would be 30 hours per week, ideally 2.30pm to 8.30pm, although there is some flexibility on the number of hours per week and the exact start and finish times to suit the successful candidate. The position is offered on a year-round contract with a paid annual leave entitlement, but a term-time only plus some school holiday working may be considered.
All the schools in our Trust are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to undertake enhanced DBS and other relevant pre-employment checks including references from present and previous employers.
• Competitive salary, circa £16k for 30 hours per week (an additional pay award is pending)
• Paid holiday - 24 days plus 8 bank holidays
• Local Government pension scheme
• Free car parking on each site
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle 2 work scheme
• PPE and some items of uniform provided
For more details please see the attached job description. Applicants should complete the online application form.
If you would like an informal discussion to find out more about the job or our Trust please contact our Chief Operating Officer, Nichola Stretton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 848166. Visits to the Trust and any school sites prior to interview are also encouraged and warmly welcomed observing social distancing, and can be arranged with Ms Stretton or the HR Team.
Closing date: 21st September 2021 although applications will be considered as soon as they are received and the Trust reserves the withdraw the vacancy at an earlier date if a suitable applicant is found.
The Mill Academy
- English secondary schools