Tuxford Primary Academy have an exciting part time, term time only role for a Clerk and Advisor to the Academy Board. If you have great communication skills, are organised, can prioritise and are positive about young people and the importance of education this is the flexible role for you.
Salary: £6,489 actual salary (£18,746 FTE)
Hours of work: 15 hours per week – variable part time, term time only
Location: Tuxford Primary Academy
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 1st September 2018, or earlier if possible
This is a key post within the DALP Local Academy Board governance support structure and involves supporting and advising the local academy board members on all aspects of Governance. The post holder is responsible to the Company Secretary of the Trust and the Chair of Governors at the academy. The main purpose of the post is to carry out a range of organisational, administrative and research activities thereby supporting the Academy Board and the Leadership Team. You will be required to exercise your professional skills and judgements to carry out the following:
- Preparing agenda and papers for meetings in conjunction with the Company Secretary and Chair of Governors, take minutes and circulate
- Reading and summarising papers and be prepared to answer questions on them
- Supporting the work of the portfolio teams and ensure all responsibilities are discharged
- Co-ordinating local academy board governor contact with the academy and meet academy governors and staff as required
- Being responsible for the election of local academy board governorsAdvising and supporting the Leadership Team on their role as Associate Portfolio members.
You will also be required to:
- Lead the development, improvement and effectiveness of governance
- Create an appropriate vision, provide clear direction, empower and enable others and develop awareness of the big picture as portrayed by national, local and academy agendas
- Model good practice and motivate others through supporting, guiding, challenging and valuing their contributions
- Contribute to the professional development of those operating within areas specifically related to the role
- Contribute to the development of the role and areas through implementing rigorous and effective strategies for self-review, planning and continuing professional development within the guidance in the DfE Clerking Competency Framework.
If you would like to talk to somebody about the role please contact Alison Elway - firstname.lastname@example.org - The Company Secretary and Head of Governance. The closing date for applications is the 21st of June 2018.
The post holder will be expected to work in a flexible manner including evening work to attend governor meetings and any extra hours as appropriate.There may be occasional travel to other DALP locations as necessary.
The school and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for all adults who seek employment with us.