Aureus Primary School is a brand new, state of the art primary school that will be opening on the Great Western Park, Didcot. We will grow to two forms of entry with a maximum capacity of 420 pupils once full, but will open with two Reception Classes and a Nursery provision from September 2018. We are seeking an experienced Clerk to join us from September 2018 (approx. 6 hours per month).
- To be responsible for advising School Strategy Board (SSB) on constitutional matters, duties and powers and will work within the broad current legislative framework.
- To secure the continuity of governing body business and observe confidentiality requirements.
- The Clerk will be accountable to the SSB, working effectively with the Chair of SSB, SSB Members and the Executive Headteacher of Aureus Primary School.
- Work effectively with the Chair and Headteacher before the SSB meeting to prepare an agenda taking account of the requirements of government, Local Authorities and GLF Schools as appropriate.
- Ensure meetings are quorate
- Organise Chair, Headteacher and others to produce agenda papers on time;
- Produce, collate, and distribute the agenda and papers to ensure SSB receive them 7-10 days before the meeting;
- Record meeting attendance and take action re absences;
- Advise the SSB on governance legislation and procedural matters including the Scheme of Delegated Authority
- Prepare concise minutes of SSB meetings, summarising discussions, noting challenges and indicating who is responsible for any agreed action;
- Record decisions accurately, non emotively and objectively with timescales for actions;
- Submit drafts to the Chairs and headteachers for amendment/ approval;
- Issue the approved draft to all SSB members within the agreed timescale;
- Advise absent SSB members of the time, date and venue of next meeting;
- Keep a record of minutes produced; Follow-up any agreed action points with those responsible and inform the chair of progress.
- Ensure all documentation is filed in shared folders, kept up to date and access is assigned as appropriate
- Chair the meeting while a Chair is elected if appropriate.
- Assist with parent SSB member elections.
- Support other clerks within the GLF family of schools, providing cover if required to support where possible
- To mentor and coach new Clerks joining GLF Schools
- To assist with the induction of new SSB members
- Maintain a database of names, addresses and category of SSB members and their terms of office;
- Initiate a welcome pack/letter being sent to newly appointed SSB members including details of terms of office;
- Maintain copies of current terms of reference and membership of committee and working parties and nominated SSB members;
- Advise SSB members and appointing bodies of expiry of the term of office before term expires so elections or appointments can be organised in a timely manner;
- Inform the SSB and GLF Schools of any changes to its membership;
- Maintain SSB meeting attendance records and notify Chair of absences;
- Advise that a register of SSB members pecuniary interests is maintained, reviewed annually and lodged within the school;
- Check that DBS checks has been successfully carried out on any SSB member when it is appropriate to do so.
- Ensure all SSB Members read the KCSIE on annual basis.
- Coordinate safeguarding training for all SSB members on annual basis.
- Liaise with school to ensure that all statutory policies are in place.
- Ensure archived materials are stored in line statutory requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory information and its distribution;
- Prepare briefing papers for the SSB, as necessary and ensure distribution.
Application Deadline: 24 May 2018
Interview Date: 4 June 2018