Fulbrook Middle School is seeking to appoint a Clerk to the Governing Body. The successful candidate will be able to attend meetings during the day and evenings, take accurate minutes and distribute papers for meetings of the Full Governing Body, Pupil Engagement, Achievement and Policy Committee and Finance, Estates and Staffing Committee.
• Provide a full clerking service to the Local Governing Body;
• Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes or a dictaphone and then produce well-presented minutes for distribution;
• Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings;
• Be available to take minutes at a minimum of 18 meetings throughout the year. Meetings will take place in the evenings and during the day;
• Provide procedural and legal advice and guidance;
• Maintain accurate records.
Fulbrook Middle School is a very popular, high achieving five form entry school for children aged 9-13 years with an exciting strategic plan for the future (see link below). Set in a magnificent green field site, just within the county boundary of Bedfordshire, the school is close to the exciting and vibrant city of Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. Our current number on role is 407.
We are a Values accredited school with outstanding results for academic subjects. However, we feel that becoming a successful member of society is more than just gaining good examination results. We have adopted 12 main values that encapsulate the spirit of our school; we encourage the children to keep these values at the forefront of their mind and thereby make decisions and choices based on these standards of behaviour.
As well as the salary and Local Government Pension, we also offer a very popular cash back health insurance package, providing dental, optical, diagnostic consultations, scans and various therapies including physio, chiropractic and osteopathy.
We invite you to visit Fulbrook, when you will have the opportunity to have a tour of the school and meet Mrs Samantha Clancy, our Head teacher.
Fulbrook Middle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children; this will be reflected throughout the recruitment process.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply.
• Click below to view the detailed Job Description and Person Specification for this role, along with the application form to be completed.
• Return your completed application form and Disclosure of Criminal Convictions to Lin Diaby, School Business Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fulbrook Strategic Plan
Application closing date: Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 21st May 2018