Applications close: Friday 9 April, 2021 11:55 PM AEST
Award/Classification: Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award - Nurse Grade 6
Salary: $99,736 to $104,985 per annum
Employment Type: Fixed term, part-time
The Department of Education aims to transform the way Tasmanians access education, training and information services, provide a fresh and exciting approach to lifelong learning and build an education system that inspires and supports all learners to succeed as connected, resilient, creative and curious thinkers.
To facilitate and support the education and development of the School Health Nurse Program including leading and coordinating program delivery across a range of practice settings and learner groups as required that is in line with relevant legislation, standards, guidelines, and organisational policy, to ensure a consistent state wide approach.
Period of Appointment
ASAP until 31 January 2023
Hours per fortnight
45.60 hours per fortnight
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
- Current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status – Employment)
- Current drivers licence.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification.
Statement of Duties and a reference guide to assist with applying online can be found here:
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Applicants should forward/include:
- a statement addressing the selection criteria;
- a resume that contains relevant personal details and work history.
All applicants are required to supply a valid email address with their application for the purposes of email communication.
The cost associated with obtaining a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) is the responsibility of the individual.
Applications should be made via the Apply Now button and submitted online by 11.30pm AEDT on the advertised closing date.
Should you have any difficulties regarding applying for this vacancy online, please contact Department of Education HR Recruitment and Employment phone +61 3 6165 6285.
Applicants needing more information are encouraged to request specific details of the vacancy from the Contact Person.
Name: Kelley French
Title: Director Nursing, School Health Nurse Program
Phone: 03 6777 2709
Department of Education Tasmania