Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,200 students from K through 12 at 9 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.
VAS welcomes interests and application from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is looking for Cluster Secondary Head with at least 2 years (full academic year) experience in the same position at an international or bilingual school; Cambridge International Curriculum experience is preferred. Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education, combined with qualifications and along with a valid teaching qualification.
Reporting to the Cluster School Director, the Cluster Secondary Head is responsible for the followings:
· Co-ordinate and oversee the teaching and learning activities of the entire Cambridge Secondary Department of the campuses within the cluster in charge (both CAP and CEP) to ensure adherence to achievement of the curriculum’s objectives, school’s vision and mission
· Ensure efficient and consistent administration and management of the Cambridge Secondary Programme (both CAP and CEP) in designated campuses such matters as teacher observation and evaluation; students assessment, testing and exam procedures / materials, grading and reports
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of all Cambridge secondary teachers at designated campuses and ensure they meet the expected performance indicators
· Be responsible for the academic performance of the entire secondary faculty of the designated campuses. This include the performance of Secondary 1 Checkpoint, IGCSE, AS and A Level, and all the CEP relevant benchmark tests
Teaching and learning
· Lead the teachers in the teaching of the respective subjects, and provide a role model for high quality teaching and learning and good teaching practices
· Monitor and evaluate the Department’s specification and schemes of work
· Ensure that examinations or other suitable methods of assessment are devised and applied at appropriate times; Ensure that all tests, examinations and assessments are based on the school-wide frame work and marked according to the school’s and curriculum accrediting bodies’ standards
· Work hand in hand with the Central Head of ECA Programme to organize extra-curricular and educational enhancement activities for students of the designated campuses
· Provide regular feedback and coaching to all teaching staff on teaching and learning which recognizes good practices and supports their progress
· Monitor progress and evaluate the effects of any improvement strategies on teaching and learning by working alongside teaching staff; provide quality assurance of the designated campuses’ teaching and learning
· Take up to 25% teaching load as a substitute teacher as and when needed
· Ensure that new teachers and teaching assistants are inducted into the work of the Campus and are familiar with all policies
· Work hand in hand with the group curriculum coordinators / subject department heads to formulate and plan teachers training and professional development activities / programmes for teachers within the designated campuses
· Providing coaching and mentoring to teachers in charge in all aspects of and handle staff disciplinary measures / grievances where appropriate
· Undertake the professional appraisal of teachers in charge following the agreed system-wide policies and KPIs
· Actively participate in the selection and recruitment of teaching members of the designated campuses
· Plan and conduct regular teachers meetings for designated campuses, provide agenda, meeting minutes and follow up action plan for such meetings
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting July 26, 2018.
E-mail your CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport