College Van Driver
Reference Number: SCC171831
Salary: Starting salary £10,255 per annum (a pro-rata of £17,123) with incremental progression to £11,322 (subject to job evaluation)
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 19th November 2017
Interview Date: w/c 27th November 2017
Location: Various sites
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: Term time only, 25 hours per week
The successful candidate will join our Estates team and work across college centres as required. The post will involve being responsible for transporting goods from one college center to other college centers, and 3rd party premises utilising the college delivery vehicle, as well as ensuring all college vehicles are cleaned, tidy and roadworthy. The postholder will be required to undertake regular routine tasks to ensure that College vehicles are maintained to a good condition. The successful candidate will have the ability to multitask due to ever changing priorities, and be required to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery and transport. You should also be able to demonstrate good customer relationship skills and have undertaken Manual Handling CPD. The successful candidate should be flexible in their approach and have strong interpersonal skills. A full UK driving licence is essential as well a professional driving qualification.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.