Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising of the Prep School in the beautiful surroundings of Brandeston Hall, and the Senior School which is set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham.
We are looking to appoint proactive and motivated Commercial Manager to actively seek opportunities and ideas for new income streams for the College. The postholder will be responsible for the letting of school facilities for hospitality events and external events. In consultation with Heads of Departments, the successful candidate is also responsible for providing accommodation, catering and facility use at pre-determined budgetary levels whilst ensuring a productive commercial relationship is maintained with all College stakeholders.
The post is offered on a year-round basis, we are flexible to the needs of the candidate are happy to offer the role on a full/part time or flexi basis, please indicate your preference within a covering letter when applying. Core business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. The salary for the post is iro £30k.
We offer a supportive working environment, a competitive salary as well as free lunch each day the kitchen is operational. We also offer 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), access to other benefits including contributory pension scheme and complimentary gym membership.
To actively seek opportunities and ideas for new income streams for the College. The postholder will be responsible for letting the school facilities for hospitality events and external lettings. In consultation with Heads of Departments, he/she is also responsible for providing accommodation, catering and facility use at pre-determined budgetary levels whilst ensuring a productive commercial relationship is maintained with all College stakeholders.
• Build and nurture client relationships in order to identify new sales streams and open up new opportunities and contracts
• Develop commercial partnerships
• Build and nurture supplier relationships in order to maximise opportunities
• Attend networking events and build industry connections in order to facilitate business opportunities
• Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation
• Report monthly to the Bursar, providing up to date forecasting of income/expenditure and highlighting any new business opportunities.
• Deliver high quality commercial activities at both Senior and Prep Schools.
For the full job description, please download the recruitment pack.
Click 'Quick Apply' and once fully completed please submit your application, ensuring a covering letter is included the Supporting Statement section.
Closing date: Midday Monday 20th September
Interviews: to be confirmed
Framlingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Framlingham College is a boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 3-18 which offers flexible and full boarding options.
This is a school that is interested in the development of the whole person as well as the examination candidate, and we enc...