Vision for Education are recruiting for a Communication Support Worker to work in an FE setting in Chesterfield. The role will involve providing interpretation and signed support for British Sign Language and Signed supported adult learners on site. Ranging from support through note-taking and scribing as appropriate to the learners needs.
For this role, its essential that you have:
• Excellent communication skills, along with a real understanding of (and experience of working with) deaf and hearing impaired people.
• Flexibility to support across different campuses.
• Ideally you should have or be working towards a BSL Level 3 qualification and experience of note taking would be desirable.
• Have experience supporting FE students with a range of sensory impairments and with individual different learning needs and abilities – MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASC
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Communication Support Worker, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
• £50 bonus every time you recommend a colleague
• Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
• Regular social events
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.