Required for: September 2021
We are looking for somebody who shares our passion for this subject and our drive to develop the outstanding programmers and computer scientists of the future. The Computer Science department is a beacon of excellence both locally and nationally. We have a very strong uptake at KS4 and 5 where pupils achieve outstanding results.
At Kennet, we value our teachers and invest heavily in professional development. We are committed to developing teachers at all stages in their careers.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a well-resourced department, with clear vision and leadership;
- outstanding facilities and resources in a brand new Computer Science block;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role and working at Kennet School please take a look at our application pack in the attachments below.
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Computer Science up to GCSE and preferably A Level.
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
The easiest way to apply is by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
We welcome enquiries prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information email@example.com
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 18 January 2021 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview date: Wednesday 20th January
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to Kennet School’s dedicated career site. Below you will find information about what makes Kennet such a unique and rewarding place to develop your career. You will also find all of our current vacancies listed at the bottom of the page. ...