Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Computing Teacher / ICT Teacher to join a ‘Good’ special needs school in Wandsworth from January 2019. This inclusive and welcoming school caters to students aged between 10 and 19 years old. The Computing Teacher / ICT Teacher will be joining a co-educational special school for students with hearing impairment, speech, language and communication needs. This is a full time permanent position.
About the Role
· Computing Teacher / ICT Teacher
· Full time permanent role
· Starting January 2019
· Teaching students who are hearing impaired or have speech and language needs with assistance from a class based support worker
· MPS Salary up to 40,371 (plus additional SEN 1 or 2 allowance £2,063 – £4,073)
About the School
· Specialist school for Students with hearing impairment and communication difficulties
· Recently rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Has an ‘Outstanding’ residential site that can house 15 students
· Historical links to the community
· Strong, supportive and collaborative staff that hold a strong vision of helping pupils achieve their goals
· Has a sixth form working with local colleges
· Excellent transport links that are easily accessible
· On-site parking
In order to be considered for this role the Computing Teacher / ICT Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education/PGCE, or an equivalent teaching degree with QTS
· Have proven and recent UK teaching experience (desirable)
· Have experience teaching students with special needs (desirable)
· Qualification in Computing / ICT with experience (essential)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa).
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number DJW38775.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.