Required September 2018
Salary range: NJC 14 (£9.16 per hour)
30 hours per week Mon – Fri, term time + 2 weeks
Job Reference Code: FA29/1105
This role would be considered on a job share basis with both roles working Mon – Fri.
Hours for this role will fall between 7:30am and 1:30pm.
Furness Academy are looking for a cook to join their busy, established and hardworking catering team.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• Provide nutritious meals to our students in line with government guidelines and legislation.
• Prepare and cook meals for our primary schools.
• Deputize in the absence of the Catering Manager.
• Comply with current food safety legislation.
• Provide event cooking, including at open evenings and other events.
• Monitor and manage stock supplies.
• Design menus.
It is a requirement that the successful candidate is able to work outside of usual school hours.
For further information regarding this post or to apply, please download an application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01229 484277.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. The appointment will also be subject to two satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Tuesday 12th June 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 12th June 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 19th June 2018