We are looking for a qualified teacher who is a strong practitioner with a passion for their subject to join our outstanding and diverse team as a Coordinator of Science at Harris Academy South Norwood.
The post would suit an experienced and enthusiastic teacher, who wishes to take on more responsibility. We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
We are looking for:
- QTS or equivalent and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Strong subject knowledge
- A love for literacy
- The ability to teach up to and including A-level
- The appointed candidate will be well supported by an excellent induction programme and access to excellent facilities for teaching and learning.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Academy South Norwood
Located five minutes from Norwood Junction train station, a transport hub ten minutes' train journey from London Bridge, Harris Academy South Norwood has belonging and personal growth as our touchstones. We believe that teaching students powerful knowledge and developing their understanding of the world will help them become the best version of themselves: to help them to turn mirrors into windows.
Why work at Harris Academy South Norwood?
- A dynamic curriculum, delivered through an ethos of business and enterprise and the very best in technology and resources across our two sites
- A warm, ambitious family of staff and governors with a passion for learning
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities through the Harris Federation network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for further information
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy South Norwood are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 405 5070 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.