Arcadia School, Dubai seeks an enthusiastic and highly-qualified Counselor. The Counselor provides all students equitable access to a quality, developmentally appropriate and comprehensive counseling program that focuses on academic success, personal and social development. These services are provided through individual planning, responsive services and support services. Delivery of these services may be provided through individual and group activities as well as through classroom and assembly participation.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Psychology or related field
- Meet all requirements of the Community Development Authority for Counselors
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a school Counselor, with 3 years’ experience in the UAE
- Previous experience is a Primary or K-12 experience in an independent school is desirable.
- It is desired that the successful candidate has had some experience in supporting and teaching children with additional needs.
Qualities and Skills
- Possess skills in the areas of evaluation of students and interpreting test data, academic and career guidance, counseling with students and their family members, recognizing symptoms of serious concerns, and effective communication must be evident.
- Show knowledge of community referral sources, special school programs, human growth and development, counseling theories and practices and possible special educational needs must be evident.
- Show knowledge of and willingness to abide by the laws and ethical standards regarding school counselors, students and their families.
- Ability to listen, effectively communicate with all people in a professional capacity, determine when referrals to other services are necessary, and gather, analyze and organize information and resources must be evident.
- Strong written & oral communication skills in English.
- Have high levels of enthusiasm, energy, resilience and determination.
- Be hard working, flexible and committed to the ethos of the school.
- Demonstrate good skills in pastoral care, organisation and time management.
- Ability to show good cultural understanding.
- Ability to write reports and use technology effectively must be evident.
Responsibilities of the Post
- Provide a school counseling curriculum to help students develop their full potential.
- Deliver developmental units including planning, organizing and teacher for group classroom and school-wide advisory.
- Provide responsive services to individuals or small groups on academic and personal issues.
- Provide an individual planning system to guide students towards acquiring self-responsibility.
- Assists students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities and benefits.
- Provide a support system to strengthen the efforts of teachers, staff, parents and other members of the community.
- Plans advisory lessons based on the Learner Profile.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Comply with school policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, welfare, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the appropriate person.
- Act in accordance with relevant legislation in the UAE and Dubai, as well as UK guidelines, particularly with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards.
- Where required, to provide teaching and learning support to children with additional needs.
Application Deadline- Please submit your CV with your zoom meeting id details latest by 31st Jan, 2021.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years