Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) recently judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding” is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse program of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision. We have a diverse, enthusiastic student community, taught and supported by well-qualified, dedicated staff. Our three main centers in Westminster are all modern, easily accessible and purpose built, offering high quality teaching and learning facilities.
Course Leader – Maths
Salary range - £25,229 - £33,820 dependant on experience
We are looking for a Maths Course Leader who has proven ability to teach and support the subject across all levels. Although primarily responsible for Functional Skills from Entry Level to Level 2, you may be required to teach and support the GCSE program.
· To provide high quality teaching and learning experience for learners
· To contribute to the continuous development of the curriculum through the curriculum planning process
· To provide advice, guidance and support to new and existing learners
· To monitor and support our growing online provision
· To support the Education & Training Manager (ETM) to achieve the service’s strategic objectives and to improve and maintain minimum expected levels of retention and achievement
· To ensure high quality delivery and programming within a group of allocated maths classes
If you are interested, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form that can be found on our website
Job descriptions can be found linked below, click on the link to the role that you are interested in and ensure your personal statement reflects the requirements listed in person specification for that role: http://www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies
Please quote reference number: ED/WAES/788 in all correspondence
Closing date: 9am Monday 19 February 2018
Interviews will be held w/b 26 February 2018