We are looking for a Cover and Absence Officer to join our school to be part of our vibrant and forward thinking Trust. This is an interesting role which will include a range of duties connected with the recording of all absences in the school and then arranging appropriate cover to ensure stability for student classes.
This is a busy but interesting role, experience of working within the education sector would be beneficial but is not compulsory as full training will be given to the successful candidate. Hours of work will be 25 hours per week working 7am to 12pm term time only.
In 2019 Ely College was rated as GOOD with OUTSTANDING leadership and management. This comes just three years after we joined CMAT and is an accurate reflection of all the hard work and dedication that staff have put in to transforming the college over the last three years.
In 2018 Ely College not only secured the best GCSE results in its history but was also named as the "Secondary School of the Year" by the Cambridge News Education Awards.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very staff.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good staff - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
· Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with staff and students
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Victoria Cutforth, HR Officer.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us.
Interviews will take place week beginning 23rd September.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.