Cover Supervisor/Administrator – Grade 5
September start date
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Macclesfield’s leading secondary schools and make a significant contribution to the school’s administration team. The role includes supervising whole classes of pupils to ensure that set work is completed in the absence of a teacher and providing general administrative support to the school.
Hours of Work: 37 per week 08:15 – 16:15 Monday – Thursday, 08:30 – 16:00 Friday.
Weeks per Year: 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 inset days).
Salary: Grade 5: £15,526-£17,645 per annum (FTE - £18,075-£20,541 per annum)
Pension: Local Government contributory scheme
Each of the support teams is structured to provide the opportunity for career development.
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
• To supervise students in a classroom context during the short-term absence of their teacher and facilitate set work
• Supervise pupils who are undertaking work that has been set in accordance with the school policy so that teaching and learning continues
• Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking their work to ensure a constructive environment
• To register each class using the electronic registration system according to school procedures
• Provide general clerical support for the school including word processing, photocopying, filing, collation of information, distribution of mail, etc to ensure the efficient and timely provision of information.
• Develop and maintain administrative systems so that support provided is efficient and effective.
• Respond to enquiries, in person and by telephone, from a wide range of school contacts, by dealing with the issue directly or by referral to school professional staff as necessary.
Please see the job description for further details.
Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS)
Successful applicants will be asked to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Posts are subject to an Enhanced disclosure which provides details of all convictions held on the Police National Computer, including current and spent convictions as well as details of any cautions, reprimands or final warnings. If a job involves working with children, the disclosure will indicate whether information is held on government department lists.
Please return completed application forms via email to:
Helen Brady, HR and Payroll Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 17th July 4pm. Interview date: Monday 22nd July.
Please visit Tytherington School's website for more information about the school.