Term-time only, 35 hours per week 8.30 am - 4.00 pm
Required asap, a Cover Supervisor to join an exciting new Secondary School which opened in 2012. Riverside School serves the growing Barking Riverside community on the banks of the Thames and is already fully-subscribed.
“Excellence for All” on Barking Riverside.
The role of the Cover Supervisor will consist of the following:
- To support the high quality teaching and learning already in place at Riverside School.
- To deliver high quality lessons when required to cover a colleague.
- To maintain the high expectations of pupils behaviour for learning.
- To deal with any immediate issues according to the schools policies and procedures.
- To participate fully in the extra-curricular life of the school.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Headteacher within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder.
The successful applicant with have the following qualities:
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- To be able to work as a member of a team as well as under their own initiative.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- A passion for teaching and learning and the enrichment of young people’s lives.
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and as such all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Appointments are also subject to satisfactory references/medical clearance
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Riverside School is a mixed, non-denominational secondary school with a sixth form. It is an academy located in Barking, Greater London.
Riverside opened as a new provision in September 2013, it currently has 1100 students on roll and will eventually...