We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our team on a permanent contract as Cover Supervisor, taking on this highly rewarding and valued role within our school community.
Our students are amazing. They are clever, kind and a joy to work with. They inspire, challenge and drive us as professionals to deliver the highest standards of education and care; to fill their school life with academic rigour, compassion and laughter. School is a busy and varied place of work (definitely not your normal 9-5!) but, as a team, we work together to reach out, find solutions and truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
The successful candidate will possess the confidence and skills to take charge of whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. When not required to provide cover the post-holder will also be part of our student support provision offering learning support to our students and administration support to colleagues. We are therefore looking for a rounded team-player, with a positive and flexible can-do attitude who is willing to take on a key role within our support team.
Applicants must possess a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade C or equivalent including literacy and numeracy and have the ability to safely manage classroom activities and the physical learning space. It is essential that applicants have experience of individual or group work with children and young people, ideally within a school setting.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Experience of individual work or group work with children, young people and families;
- An understanding of child and family dynamics and child development;
- Knowledge of national curriculum and other learning programmes;
- A flexible and engaging approach, inspiring students to achieve their very best;
- Ability to manage safely classroom activities and the physical learning space.
Why you should join Saint Gregory’s:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable place in the world and the contribution that you bring to our school deserves its own rewards. As a member of our team, you can expect:
- Outstanding professional support to help you develop your career
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact
- A positive and innovative learning culture where well-being and workload are effectively managed
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
For an open conversation about the role, please contact Mrs Karen Tyler, Data Manager, by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
This position is available as a permanent contract for 32.5 hours per week, term time only (plus two INSET days).
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.
Saint Gregory's Catholic College
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years