£20,306 per annum
Full time, Permanent
35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Bexleyheath Academy is a non-selective comprehensive situated in the heartland of Kent grammar schools. The school is currently in special measures but will not be there for long. The Executive Director for Bexleyheath Academy and the Principal have both recently joined and have previously been responsible for the turnaround at Harris Academy Battersea. Under their leadership, the school moved from special measures to outstanding and rose from the bottom in Wandsworth to become one of the only schools in England to record a Progress 8 score of more than +1 in all three years of the measure. It also won the ‘Evening Standard School of the Year Award’ and was designated as a ‘World-Class’ in 2018. Bexleyheath is at the start of the same journey and is actively seeking passionate and dedicated teachers who will join this fight to ensure that our students go on to lead remarkable lives. We have students from all walks of life and will give each of them, no matter how difficult their start, access to every walk of life.
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to supervise classes during the short-term absence of teachers. Bexleyheath Academy operates a 4-period day and lessons are 80 minutes in length. The Cover Supervisor may also provide support to the Academic Intervention programme. The cover supervisor will provide direction to students in the absence of their teacher, following guidance provided by a teacher. The primary focus of the role is to ensure that students are fully engaged in learning. The cover supervisor will be responsible for applying the Academy Behaviour Policy with consistency.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Should you wish to find out more about what we do or would like to talk to the Principal directly, then please feel free to do so using firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always open to visitors at any point.
Closing date 24th September 2021
Applications will be considered upon receipt (early applications are encouraged) and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Bexleyheath Academy is a member of the London Academies Enterprise Trust, one of five schools in London serving over 5000 pupils. It is proud to be a non-selective school in the ...