We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. The successful Cover Supervisor will be confident, have a proven track record of leading a group of young adults and be willing to work as part of a team. Main duties will include overseeing the smooth running of a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by their absent teacher, managing behaviour and ensuring that the lesson plan is delivered to a high standard. The role will be fixed or permanent, depending on the successful candidate.
This Cover Supervisor position will suit applicants with outgoing personalities with the highest levels of professionalism and dynamism, who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role, looking to gain further classroom experience or considering a long term career in education. A calm temperament and experience of working with children is important, as well as the ability to manage a whole classroom environment at secondary level, acting as a strong role model for the UCL Academy pupils. The successful candidate will have excellent skills in behaviour management, adapting teaching and learning approaches and self-management.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information.
• Have knowledge of a range of positive strategies to deal with whole classes and groups of students
• Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
• Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
• Be flexible with working arrangements
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Monday 17th June at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.