When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
Are you looking to move in to teaching, and as a first step would you like to join a dedicated team of teaching staff as a Cover Supervisor? We are seeking a confident, highly organised and enthusiastic individual, with a passion for continuous improvement, excellent communication skills, high expectations of themselves and others, and very high standards of performance. Working under the supervision of the Cover Co-ordinator, the successful candidate will support students in and out of the classroom. Duties will include the supervision of whole classes during the short-term absence of a teacher. You will also be expected to undertake related administrative tasks and provide teaching support where appropriate.
This is an ideal role for individuals looking to develop their career in an educational setting or for those seeking opportunities in teaching. The academy may be able to offer funded teacher trainee positions in certain subject areas for exceptional candidates.
The successful candidate must be:
- Keen to lead learning in the absence of teaching staff in any subject discipline,
- Excited about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in school and perhaps interested in ITT,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of our pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning in the classroom.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate, and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location, beside a nature reserve within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
The successful candidate should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder that the closing date is 26th April 2019 9.00am. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.