35 Hours per week - NJC Point 14
Fixed Term until 31st August 2019
Cowes Enterprise College is a wonderful place to work and develop. We’re excited about you coming to join our team!
We have a vacancy for a Cover Supervisor to join our current team of 3, lead by our Cover Manager. Experience would be an advantage.
To provide day to day cover support to individual pupils and/or groups of pupils in their lessons, as directed by the Cover Manager. Maintain good behaviour and deliver pupil tasks, as set. Where required provide feedback on the pupils’ learning and/or progress to the Cover Manager or teacher.
- The postholder will provide specific support to individuals or groups of young people in facilitating their learning and personal progress as directed by the Cover Manager. The postholder will provide cover in lessons and with individuals, monitoring and maintaining appropriate pupil behaviour and ensuring the work set is undertaken. Where required the postholder will provide any feedback information and/or assessment information required to the Exams / Cover Manager or the teacher.
- The postholder will have appropriate experience of working with young people of the 11-19 age range and must demonstrate effective experience in the support of young people’s learning.
- The postholder should hold at least foundation level qualifications in literacy and numeracy.
Cowes Enterprise College is part of the Ormiston Multi Academy Trust.
We strive every day to create an education that sees the young people of Cowes and the community beyond get the very best, not just in an academic sense but also in developing the skill set, confidence, attitudes and aspirations that will provide the catalyst for sustained success throughout their lives. Our ambition is:
· To empower students to become independent and confident with the self-belief that they can influence change.
· To provide the support and guidance to teach them skills they will need in adulthood.
· To encourage and develop in all members of the academy, our core values of HEART; Honesty, Empowerment, Awareness, Responsibility and Trust.
How to apply
Application is made by completing and returning the academy application form. For the form, please visit our vacancies on the TES website or contact Donna Harrison, HR officer.
Interviews will be held from 15th October 2018.
For further information please contact:
Donna Harrison, HR Officer at email@example.com or call +44 1983 203103.
For more details about Cowes Enterprise College, visit our academy website: http://www.cowesec.org
Cowes Enterprise College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full enhanced DBS Clearance Certificate will be required and relevant prohibition checks will be completed as applicable.