Salary: Grade 3 £16,275 to £17,617 per annum pro rota (FTE £20,092 to £21,748)
Hours: 35 hours per week 39 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join a hard working team that that will be dedicated to supporting the teaching faculty maintain excellent level of education during absences across the school. This role is required to supervise mainstream classes, ensure pupils are on track and behaviour is managed effectively. The successful candidate will gain experience across all departments and subject areas and be a key support for the school during absences.
The successful candidate will have an interest in Teaching and ideally have cover supervisor experience already. However, this is not essential as full training and induction are provided for the successful candidate.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
- An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check, two satisfactory references and successful completion of vetting procedures. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates with a disability who meet the essential job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday 28 September 2021 at midday
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years