We are seeking to appoint a person with a passion for education who has the desire to impact positively on student learning. Cover Supervisors are responsible for leading learning in the absence of a class teacher. You will need to be educated to degree level and have an interest in how young people learn. Previous experience in schools is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
At the heart of a successful school is the provision of high quality teaching and learning, the effective use of resources, improving standards of achievement for all pupils and the promotion of pupils’ personal development and wellbeing. A cover supervisor plays a key part in this provision by a commitment to the school’s ethos, by liaising effectively with all teachers and providing quality supervision when the regular class teacher is absent to support high standards of learning. You will draw on a wide range of abilities and, in turn, offer a range of experience and provide administrative assistance when not in class. You will need to be confident with positive communication skills, have a good standard of education and an interest in how young people learn. Previous experience in a school would be an advantage. You will be expected to work as part of a team, liaise with teaching staff and offer assistance to the administrative staff.
What we offer:
• An outstanding track record at GCSE and A level
• A team of colleagues who support each other
• Students who actively engage in lessons and have excellent attitudes to learning
• Professional development through the Harrow School Alliance
• Mindfulness and wellbeing activities each week along with staff sports and clubs
• One of the best sites in London, located on the greenbelt next to Bentley Priory and set in 27 acres of woodland and fields, providing and exceptional learning environment
In what has been an unprecedented year for schools and education, Bentley Wood High School are proud that our students have achieved such excellent results and gained places at a range of prestigious universities
“Outstanding teaching stimulates the students’ passion, igniting their enthusiasm and interests for learning. Students’ behaviour around the school and their attitudes to learning in lessons are exemplary” Ofsted Outstanding.
Required from: September 2021
Closing date: Noon on 17th May 2021
Please visit the school website for an application pack.
For any additional details please contact the Headteacher, Dr Janice Howkins, Clamp Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 3JW, 020 8954 3623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunities Employer
Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children
Bentley Wood High School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 12 - 18 years