Apply by: Friday 23rd August 2019
Start date: 27th August 2019
Salary: Grade 4 (£16,450.82 - £20,712.27)
Location: 152 Syon Lane, Isleworth, TW7 5PN
Contract type: Full-time (40 hours/week and 39 weeks/year)
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 1400 pupils at capacity in 2024
(100 per year group; 4 form entry; 675 pupils in September 2019)
This post would suit either an experienced teacher or an applicant who is considering teacher training at some point in the future. Experience at primary level in a PPA cover or similar role would be an advantage.
Unique features of this role are:
- The chance to impact pupils’ education across all Key Stages
- Potential for progression
- A bespoke CPD package relevant to the successful candidate’s career stage
Background: Nishkam School West London is an innovative, state of the art, all-through 4-19 school housed on a stunning 11.5 acre site in Osterley. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 and the secondary phase opened in September 2018, with a four form entry in Year 7 of 100 pupils. The school is part of a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (4 schools, 2 nurseries; 1 vocational college in Kenya).
- Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
- The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
Nishkam School Trust has developed an inclusive, values-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school. Visitors frequently comment on the exceptional behaviour of our pupils and atmosphere of calm that permeates the building.
The role will commence in Autumn Term 2019. You will:
- have the rare opportunity to work collaboratively with primary and secondary colleagues and play a key role in delivering the curriculum from Years 1 to 8
- have the opportunity to share your expertise with other colleagues in similar roles across the Trust
- be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
Our expectations are that you will:
- believe all pupils can and will achieve highly
- build an environment through a values-led education that encourages compassion, humility, service; and recognises all humanity as one
- nurture a culture that cherishes childhood, stimulates the spirit of adventure and ignites a passion for lifelong learning
- develop and maintain the support and active involvement of parents in their children’s learning
- build and nurture links within the local community
- contribute to, and maintain the ethos of the Nishkam culture by drawing on best practice across Nishkam Schools, locally and nationally
- report to the Senior Leadership Team of Nishkam School West London
- work closely with the Local Governing Body
- work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and teachers in both phases at NSWL.
We will offer you:
- a very warm, welcoming and talented team
- hardworking and dedicated colleagues who are prepared to give selflessly for the benefit of the pupils
- supportive parents, carers and community
- a committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- a state-of-the-art learning environment
- wide-ranging opportunities for professional development
- terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools
- a strong commitment to staff wellbeing.
Nishkam School Trust collaborators and partners:
- Jubilee Foundation for Character and Values (University of Birmingham)
- University of Birmingham Free School
- Winchester University.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
- If you would like to find out more information about the school and arrange an informal phone call or visit, please contact us via: recruitment.NSWL@nishkamschools.org or 020 3141 8760.
- Please download an application pack at https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=86 or contact the school office on 020 3141 8760
- Applications to be sent to recruitment.NSWL@nishkamschools.org by Friday 23rd August 2019 Midday
- Interview tbc