Reports to: Operations Manager
Start date: January 2019
Salary: Ark Support Scale 6 pro-rata equivalent to £19,574 to £23,700 dependant on experience.
To work under the guidance of appropriate subject leaders and within an agreed system of supervision, to:
• supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. The primary focus when supervising will be to maintain good order and to keep students on task. The Cover Supervisor will need to respond to questions and generally assist students to undertake set activities;
• provide specialist support in a specific curriculum area, including preparation, and organisation of resources and support to teaching staff and students when cover is not required;
• provide supervision at breaks and lunchtimes on a daily basis;
• provide cover for tutor sessions as required.
The Cover Supervisor will:
• supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities;
• use classroom/teaching skills/training/experience to support students;
• promote positive values, attitudes good student behaviour and health and safety, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
• manage the behaviour of students whilst they are working to ensure an appropriate learning environment which is purposeful, orderly and productive including completing electronic registers for registrations and every class;
• dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures;
• collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher;
• rewarding students, where appropriate, in accordance with school procedures;
• reporting as appropriate, using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of students during class, any issues arising;
• establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations;
• promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom;
• recognise and respond to the individual needs of students;
• Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities;
• Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence;
• Provide feedback to students in lessons;
• Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use;
• Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes/ practical lessons, adjusting activities according to student responses/needs.
When not required to cover classes or groups of students the Cover Supervisor will provide support for the SEN department, under the guidance of the SENCO, by:
• working on an individual or small group basis with students with particular needs adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate;
• administering and assessing routine tests and invigilating exams/tests.
The Cover Supervisor will support the school by:
• being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
• ensuring all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop;
• contributing to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school;
• establishing constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teaching staff, to support achievement and progress of students;
• attending and participating in regular meetings including training and other learning activities as required;
• recognising his /her own strengths and areas of expertise and using these to advise and support others;
• providing appropriate guidance and supervision and assisting in the training and development of staff as appropriate;
• undertaking planned supervision of students out of school hours learning activities, including running a lunchtime activity, if required;
• supervising students on visits, trips and out of school activities as required within normal school hours.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by line manager, members of the SLT or the Principal.
For further information and to apply please visit our website: evelyngraceacademy.org/vacancies and complete your application through the following link: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/ApplicationForm.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmEZV4mmX1nsb7CN1MsDv+TbxTV+En1RF8+42wvz1uwWyehw0k6Gj51eUkGMPq9WjjOx4/ZZ7OijkCTSYD1N+cmHiUvraiICo33CUrJUg525xcNRZmnfeZs0YzM+opoD5NQ==
by Sunday 20th January 2019.
For any queries relating to your application, please contact the recruitment team on 0207 737 9520 or email@example.com
I wish you all the best in your application.