SALARY: Scale 5, point 22 (approximately £17,100 per annum, pro-rata)
APPOINTMENT: 31.25 hours per week – 8.15am-3.15pm (45 minutes lunch break) Monday to Friday, term-time only, fixed-term for one year (could lead to a permanent post)
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to work under the guidance of teaching staff to deliver cover lessons in the classroom and supervise lessons during the short / long term absence of teachers. Classes will cover a range of subjects, pupil numbers and pupil abilities. This will be a good opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a secondary school teaching environment.
The successful candidate must be proactive and able to use their initiative with regards to checking for daily cover requirements. They should also have the following skills and experience:
• Good levels of literacy and numeracy;
• A variety of communication skills to respond to the needs of individual children;
• Excellent behaviour management skills;
• Able to develop positive working relationships with pupils;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Patience and a calm manner.
REQUIRED FOR: September 2018
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Friday 26th January 2018
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD: February / March 2018
Please refer to the Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form for further details. CV’s only will not be accepted.