TSAT Grade C
£16,500 - £18,500 FTE (pro-rata to £13,969 - £15,662 for hours and weeks stated)
37 hours per week
39 weeks per year (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
“Achievement has risen over the last three years” Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress and was Runner up in the TES ‘ Employer of the Year 2018 Awards'
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to provide cover for absent teaching staff and the facilitation of learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
On occasion the post-holder will be required to work at Holcombe Grammar School which is 0.7 miles away from The Victory Academy.
We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT). View our latest video to gain an insight into The Victory Academy. http://bit.ly/2sWSWMw
What you will need to succeed:
• Committed to supporting students
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing
• Effective ICT skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Understanding of the educational system and current developments
• Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
• Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
• Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
• First Aid experience (Training can be provided)
What we can offer you:
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
• A free healthcare package including physiotherapy, private and confidential well-being support, counselling, a 24 hour GP helpline, and much more
• Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way;
• Optional healthcare scheme at reduced rates
• Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.