“Seeking excellence, success & opportunity in an inspiring community where students and learning come first”
A fully inclusive school in the heart of the redeveloping Docklands region of East London
This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom fifty per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and was rated by Ofsted in 2017 as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking an intelligent and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to assist with cover teaching arrangements across the full range of subject areas.
For this post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
· Is a talented and dynamic classroom practitioner, with a flair for creating meaningful learning opportunities within a cover situation
· Has experience of cover supervision or teaching support in a secondary setting
· Has experience of working with pupils representing a range of abilities and is sensitive to the needs of those with Special Educational Needs
· Is confident with a range of behaviour management strategies in order to uphold high standards of behaviour for learning at all times in line with school policy
We can offer
• A committed, supportive and successful team
• Encouragement for professional development, innovation and creativity
Previous experience of cover supervision is highly desirable. However, candidates with a suitable degree or those planning on developing a career in the teaching profession may also apply. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email our recruitment team at: email@example.com or telephone on 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is 9.00 a.m. on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.