Hours: 32.5 hours per week – Term Time – Monday to Friday 08.15am to 15.15pm
Salary: Single Status Grade 4 point 9 – 10, £18,933 - £19,312 per annum (Actual pro-rated salary: £14,711 per annum)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed Cover Supervisor to join our supportive team and provide effective cover supervision across the college.
The successful candidate will provide short term cover for teachers, taking responsibility for the supervision of the class, enabling pre-set work to be completed.
When not covering classes, the successful candidate will provide support in other areas of the college, which may include supporting teachers and working with smaller groups of students.
We are looking for a calm and confident individual who has the skills to be able to manage classroom activities safely and who can create a positive learning environment.
Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential and previous experience in a similar role and a good standard of education would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will also be expected to attend twilights and staff meetings.
We can offer:
• A school committed to consistency and sustained improvement
• A hardworking and dedicated team
• A friendly and supportive atmosphere
• A supportive Leadership Team
• Cycle to work Scheme
• The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care, where the Academy pays for half the membership. The membership to the scheme will allow each participating member to request a wide range of discretionary health care services.
• The opportunity to pay into the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most generous pension schemes in the UK. The LGPS is a salary-related, defined benefit scheme which provides you with a secure future income, independent of share prices and stock market fluctuations.
To apply, please download the relevant application form from our website above, completed applications can be e-emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for this Academy. We are also required by law to ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. You will be required to provide documentation as evidence. Other conditions of employment may apply. We are committed to equality of opportunity and positively welcome applications form all sections of the community.
Hailsham Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
Hailsham Community College Academy Trust became a converter academy in 2012. Converter academies are successful schools that have chosen to convert in order to benefit from the increased autonomy academy status brings. The Academy is based in H...