Cover Supervisor 32.5 hours per week. Term time plus training days
Do you enjoy working with young people? Are you enthusiastic and motivated?
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join a small, friendly team, providing high quality cover for absent teachers in the classroom and to assist as directed with student intervention. Full training and support will be offered to the successful candidate.
Sawtry Village Academy (SVA) was recently inspected by Ofsted which graded the Academy GOOD across all measurable categories with an OUTSTANDING Post-16 provision. In 2017 we were ranked 7th in Cambridgeshire for student progress at KS4 and we are ranked 1st in Huntingdonshire for these results. Our buildings are undergoing a long term programme of refurbishment which has commenced with the construction of a £3 million classroom block.
Sawtry Village Academy, which is part of the successful and expanding Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), offers opportunities to become part of a team of staff who are making a real difference to the students they teach. CMAT, which was ranked 5th across all Multi Academy Trusts nationally in 2017 in terms of student progress, is a success story that continues to grow and part of our success is due to our ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best staff.
CMAT is also driven by our ability to adapt to the changing educational landscape led by determined staff who bring our academies alive with their enthusiastic personalities, unshakeable work ethic and their commitment to delivering exceptional learning experiences for our children. What makes Sawtry Village Academy, and the Trust as a whole, different is that we know how to nurture and bring out the very best in our talented staff.
What we can offer you:
• a philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
• a commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
• a purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
• motivated and engaged students, and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
You will be:
· able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
• able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our students, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
• able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, Academy Council members and the wider
If you would like to discuss further details about this role, please contact Teresa Milne, Cover Manager.
Closing date for applications is at Monday 24th September 2018 at 12noon
Interviews will be held Friday 28th September 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.